Why Community brings Independence


I have always embraced and wrapped myself in the title of being an independent women/ person. However, I am learning that being independent  doesn't mean being alone.

I'm changing the concept of independent to strong, motivated, and passionate. All of these characteristics thrive in a community of like minded people. 

If you try to remain truly independent, you waste time researching what someone else already knows or doing something that someone else could do for you faster and better. You find independence and freedom in having more time,  and more resources. ( this is a great post by Tara Gentile that dives into this topic even more)

For example, a few days ago I decided that we needed a better Internet connection, I was about to sit down at the computer and start searching away. I was dreading how boring this was going to be and how much time it was going to take me. 

Then I had a brainstorm. I have 625 friends on facebook, and they all have Internet. Why not just ask them. They have already done some research and made a choice. So I threw the question out there, and within 10 mins, I had 7 responses. Now that's fast! And since they are my friends, I consider it reliable information, they aren't trying to sell me anything, it's just sharing information. 

So what does this have to do with a scarf? A lot actually, my scarves started to develop and become really cool when I released control, when I stopped being in charge and started working with the material instead of trying to rule the material.

Ashley reminded me of this over and over, as she kept telling me to do something different that I had planned, but I listened, and in the end loved her!

What task  in your life do you need to let go of?


PS: I need your help. I made the goal to have 300 facebook fans by the end of this month, we just need a few more, so please Like me!

create an animated gif
create an animated gif





Scarf Stats:

Name: Ashley ( after my older brother)

Materials: cotton, wool, tencel

Technique: plain weave, shell crochet, braid

Pin It

No comments: