What is your Dream Job?



So I'm posting a bit late this morning, but these photos should tell you why. I woke up this morning missing Italy. I missed the slow breakfasts, the getting up, sitting outside in the cool morning air and drinking my coffee. Then it dawned on me, I have a deck, I have coffee, and this morning the air is pretty cool. So I put off my usual morning ritual of working on the computer and went to drink my coffee on the deck. Peca of course had to join me. She would have loved a cup of coffee as well ( really she loves the stuff) but it's not good for dogs, so she had to settle for smelling the wonderful aroma of mine. 


The last few days I've been thinking about what my perfect job would look like. For those of you that don't already know I teach high school art full time, and design and weave scarves in all of my spare time. Both of which I love, but sometimes it's a challenge to balance the two. Anyway I was thinking if I can't describe my perfect job, how can I ever expect to have it?


So here's what I came up with this morning. I wrote it in list form, as I wasn't trying to hurt my head too much by actually writing out a job description.

1. Make and sell my artwork

2. Teach/ speak on the importance of creative development/ thought

3. Use my creativity to help people to plan weddings/ parties

4. Teach other people how to promote themselves and their work in the best possible way.

5. Connect to a charity where people are taught creative skills to help them get back on their feet. 


One great thing is that by writing this list I realized that I"m really not that far off. I just need to develop and expand most of the things that I"m already doing.


What does your dream job look like? Really, take the time to write it down.

Pin It

No comments: