Experimental Textile




There are a few things that I love. Well actually there are lot, but I'm just going to talk about a few. 

1. textiles ( I'm sure that you already knew that)

2. experimentation

3. People working together

And so what I want to do, is have people work together to make an experimental textile!!!! Perfect right?!!


..................................

Here's how it works. 

Step 1: I weave a piece, and do a little bit of extra fun stuff to it


Step 2: 10 People sign up to participate. I make a list of the people, and send the woven piece to the first person on the list.


Step 3: You receive the textile in the mail, and off you go. You add your touch to the piece. No limits. Sew, crochet, embroidery, paint, bead, knit, cut, die, color, whatever really.... this is the fun part. Please take photos through your process, email me the photos, then send the piece onto the next person on the list. Once the piece has gone to all 10 people it will return to me. 


Step 4: The piece will be sold and the money used to create loans through Kiva.



This is open to anyone and everyone. You all have enough creative energy hidden inside of you to participate. 


Want to be a part? It's simple email me: amberkane1314@hotmail.com : Subject: experimental textile
Pin It

No comments: