Upcycled Sweater with Crochet


From june 2012

So my adventures of remaking my sweaters with crochet has continued. If you know how to crochet and are looking for an easy way to make some clothes, this is it! Start with an old sweater, or go buy a cheap one for you first try. Cut it in half, or really wherever you wish to cut it. Choose some fun yarn and your ready to go.

From june 2012

After cutting mine I ran the edge through the sewing machine to make sure that it wouldn't unravel.  I also ran my finger through the sewing machine, this part of the process I would recommend skipping!


From june 2012

To get started I use a tiny crochet hook, that can punch through the fabric pretty easily. I then do a double crochet stitch, and one chain stitch before going back through the fabric. The chain stitch allows you to switch to a larger crochet hook for the next time around.


From june 2012
As usual I didn't have much of  plan. I started with some super soft bright pink yarn and did once around in just double crochet. Then decided that I wanted to have some kind of a pattern, so I started to play. In the second row I did one shell crochet stitch and the rest double, Next row I did three shell crochet the rest double, the next row five shell crochet, and continued with this pattern. This created a triangle of shell crochet going down the front which I thought was fun when it was finished. 

The length is totally up to you, so you just keep crocheting until you like how it fits. Have fun!


From june 2012
Pin It

No comments: