Nilus Leclerc Table Loom


From april 2012

One of my students picked up this great little table loom at a yard sale, she wasn't going to use it so she asked if  I wanted. Well I"m never going to pass up a great loom. Even better this is the same brand as the loom that I currently have, just much smaller. 

Table looms are great if you don't have a lot of space, they also fold up pretty small so they store well, and are also great for travel if you want to demo weaving somewhere. I'm hoping to start using this to do demo at my future craft shows. 

The main different between a table loom and floor loom is that a table loom doesn't have foot peddles, it instead has levers on the top right that you use to change the heddles. Some table looms like this one you can purchase a stand and add peddles to it.

Why would you want peddles, it's goes a lot faster, when you feet can do one part of the process while your hands do the other, instead of your hands doing all of the work. I need to take some time to get this little buy cleaned and ready to go and then I can start offering lessons.
From april 2012
From april 2012
From april 2012
From april 2012

My dog Peca rarely comes into the studio, but the day that I brought this loom home, she marched into the studio and laid down right in front of it. She seemed to be trying to tell me that she wanted to learn how to weave. She also loves to have her picture taken, so we did a little photo shoot.



From april 2012
From april 2012


She's a big fan of wearing scarves, but don't worry she only wears mine.

From april 2012
From april 2012
Pin It

No comments: