A Scarf Named Mary: Take One Day At a Time

From spring 2 scarves 2012



From spring 2 scarves 2012


My mom sent me a poem several years ago called One Day at Time. I had totally forgotten about the poem until I started working on Mary. So I dug through my collection of papers and inspiration and found the poem. What a comfort it was to read. Thank you Mary for reminding me.

One Day At a Time

One day at a time, with its
failures and fears,
With its hurts and mistakes,
with its weakness and tears,
With its portion of pain and its 
burden of care;
One day at a time we must
meet and must bear.

One day at a time to be patient
and strong,
To be calm under trial and
sweet under wrong.
Then its toiling shall pass and its
sorrow shall cease;
It shall darken and die, and 
the night shall bring peace.

One day at a time- but the day
is so long,
And the heart is not breave
and the soul is not strong.
O Thou pitiful Christ, be Thou
near all the way;
Give courage and patience
and strength for the day.

Swift cometh His answer, so
clear and so sweet;
"Yea, I will be with thee, they
troubles to meet;
I will not forget thee, nor fail
thee, nor grieve;
I will not forsake thee; I never
will leave.

One day at a time, and the day
is His day;
He hath numbered its hours,
though they haste or delay. 

I hope that you find these words as comforting as I did, and remember to take each day one day at a time.
Pin It

No comments: