Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability



This TED talk really resonated with me. Through most of my life I would say have I worked to not be vulnerable, and dealt with my emotions in a variety of ways, none that worked. 

Here are some notes that I took on the talk:
- in order for connection to happen we have to allow ourselves to really be seen
- courage means that you are willing to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart. This is not an easy task, but it is a task that I am working on through sharing my scarf stories. 

-if you do not treat yourself kindly you will not be able to practice compassion

- you need to let go of who you think that you should be, and spend time being who you are

- vulnerability is the birthplace of joy and creativity

- you cannot selectively numb emotion

However in the last few months, I have turned my life upside down ( literally I started taking Yoga and standing on my head) And I've become vulnerable, I've allowed my artwork to truly express my soul. And it's not always easy, it doesn't always feel good, but it's necessary. And through the process I've met amazing people, and wonderful doors are opening for my artwork.  Pin It

No comments: