Joey: The scarf of many colors

From spring scarves 2012


This scarf is far different from what I ususally do. I used 13 different colors in this piece, and as those 13 colors interact with eachother you get even more. I totally let go with the scarf, I grabbed every color that I could find and just wove with wild abandon, and I had so much fun. I don't think that we play with color enough, or wear enough color. Color has such wonderful power, and I want everyone to bring some more color into their lives. I believe that Joey is an expression of each person that I encounter, each person sending and sharing their energy. Joey is a wonderful reminder that we are all different, we are all unique, we are all on our own journey, but we can travel together. We can support eachother. And even though we think that we don't fit together we do! So next time that you see someone that doesn't look like you, remember the scarf named Joey, and give them a chance, get to know them before you judge them. Try to understand where they come from, why they are the way that they are, and think about how they might look, how they might change if given the opporutnity to interact with you.

The wonderful thing about weaving is how the colors interact with eachother, and how they change eachother, and become more complex, and and more beautiful when they are woven together as one. I am reminded that the human race is the same way, we are much more beautiful and stronger if we are willing to work together, to interact, to embrace, to be one.

Speaking of color, check out how different colors effect us, and how companies use that in their marketing.



From spring scarves 2012




From spring scarves 2012



From spring scarves 2012
Pin It

No comments: