Sleek and Stylish Shiba

From spring scarves 2012


If you haven't met her already this my dog Peca. For whatever reason, she loves to have her picture taken. So everyonce and awhile, I take one of the scarves that was a sample, have her wear it and take her picture. She's the easiest animal that I've ever photographed, because once she is wearing a scarf she just sits in place and follows the camera with her head. By the look on her face, she really does seem to believe that she is doing something extremely important.


From spring scarves 2012


From spring scarves 2012


From spring scarves 2012


These two photos are from quiet some time ago, in fact I totally forgot about them, until I was browsing through old photos. These were taken over the summer while I was experimenting with some new designs. I had been playing around with making scarves with ruffles and texture, and wanted to see what it would look like if I wove the tulle. So I really didn't know if it was going to work well, I made a really small piece. I wove with beige yarn and stips of tulle, and then sinched the yarn at the bottom of the piece. While the piece isn't very practical, I really liked it. But I needed to see it on someone, however no one was home, howeve Peca was there, so I decided to give her a try. She was thrilled when I put it on her. We first did a photoshot outside where she pranced around looking like a lion. I then brought her inside and placed her on my grandmother's antique couch, (that she's not allowed on) to take her photo. It just seemed like the scarf and the couch went together so well. My husband arrived home from work in the midst of this spectial, and questioned if I had totally lost my mind. But I couldn't help it, the scarf almost looked like it was made for her, and she was so happy to be wearing it and getting her picture taken.

Pin It

No comments: