A Scarf Named Rosada, and the gift of Silence

Source: 9gag.com via Amber on Pinterest


Rosada is Bell's sister. I found great pleassure in creating Bell and was thrilled when  request came through for Bell to have a sister. Rosada went on the loom as easily as Bell, once again I was surprised that this yarn that so commonly knots was sliding onto the loom like butter.


Source: etsy.com via Amber on Pinterest


Rosada was quiet, and at first this bothered me. And then I realized that Rosada was giving me a gift. The gift of silence, physical and mental silence. I spend my days teaching high schoolers, which results in a day full of anything but silence. I spend the rest of my time with scarves chattering, wondering when it will be there turn to emerge. Understanding, that I already knew what she wanted to look like, she asked me to enjoy this rare experience of silence in my life.


From spring scarves 2012


Rosada was slow to tell me her name. She come off of the loom and I hit the ground running. I realized that she wasn't going to tell me her name until I once again melted into silence. And so while Om My Yoga, in the midst of sun squats I heard her whisper "Rosada". She gently whispered this to me through the night, reinforcing  that was to be her name. And begging me to always remember the moment of silence that she brought into my noisy life.
From spring scarves 2012



Some Information about the color pink

Bright pinks stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, hearbeat, and pulse rate. They also encourage action and confidence.

From spring scarves 2012


Pink encourages friendliness while discouraging aggression and ill-will.

From spring scarves 2012
From spring scarves 2012
Pin It

No comments: