Handwoven Monet

From spring scarves 2012


Monet was made for a wonderful women that I met at a PA Guild Show last year. We were both emerging artist, and were in neighboring booths. I was lucky enough to leave with some of her awesome Jewlery . Last week she saw one of the scarves that I made on facebook , and asked if I could make her one in shades of blue.
From spring scarves 2012



I had been working on Monet for less than an hour , when she whispered her name . This is the first scarf that has told me her name before she was complete. Monet was bursting with beauty and confidence, and brought a wonderful smile to my face.
From spring scarves 2012

The Meaning Behind the color Blue:


Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color." Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives.






As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming; however not all blues are serene and sedate
 
The color blue also helps to spur creative thought, and people that work in blue rooms are often more productive.

From spring scarves 2012
quotes by monet Pictures, Images and Photos
From spring scarves 2012
From spring scarves 2012


I wanted to share some of Jessica Keemer's work with you. As I was browsing through her website I came across this wonderful piece called Water Lilies. Love when everything comes together. I didn't see this piece until after her scarf was complete and named Monet. Pin It

No comments: