A handwoven Scarf named Floe

According to Mihaly Csikszentmilhalyi , creativity is fascinating because when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life. The excitement of the artist at the easel or the scientist in the lab comes close to the ideal fulfillment we all hope to get from life, and so rarely do. Creativity leaves an outcome that adds to the richness and complexity of the future. " - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi


From spring scarves 2012
From spring scarves 2012

 
I finished weaving this scarf three days ago, but I don't consider a scarf complete until it has a name. I have found that the scarves won't tell me their name, until I have learned and understood what they set out to teach me. I was anxious for Floe to be completed, as she is a special order, and I wanted to deliver her to her new owner. I kept asking her for her name, and she continued to fall silent. And at the moment when I stopped asking, when I stopped trying to control, when I let go of my very being, when I entered and embraced flow, is excactly when she began whispering her name. Her name is Floe.
 
What is so wonderfully amazing about this, is that I was recently speaking with her new owner about the idea of flow. I had forgotten about the conversation, and had no intent on tieing the two together. But this scarf, along with a few others, decided to work together this weekend, and bring flow into my life, and bring my awareness of flow to the forefront.
 
From spring scarves 2012
From spring scarves 2012

 
The new owner requested a Green scarf because of the Green Chakra. I don't know a lot about Chakra so I decided to do some research. I found tears streaming down my face as I read the information below. I did the research after Floe was created, and named.
 
When the green chakra is activated, the person has reached an emotionally deeper understanding of oneself and of others. This person's feelings can be hurt when an event makes them believe or worry that they are not living loveable beings. The green chakra lets the person understand that there is a living, fragile person inside who needs and deserves love. For the ones with perfectly activated green chakras, they also understand that the same goes for others. They know that others are also living loveable beings. They are able to feel love, but also the pain when love is not there.
 
From spring scarves 2012



The green heart chakra is our fulcrum. The point of balance between deep earth (foundational, material, prime creation) and elevated reality (ethereal, spiritual, metaphysical creativity).


The heart is the mixer. The equalizer. The channel through which the material and immaterial must move in order to create...well, create anything and everything. Nothing of substance or natural order comes into being without first passing through the gateway of the heart. Pin It

No comments: