Delicate handwoven and emboridered Silver Scarf

Remember when you were in school, and woke up to snow, and then even better found out that you had a two hour delay? Well when you become a teacher, you get to keep on having that experience. I went to bed last night gitty with anticipation of a two hour delay, and was really hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed. When I awoke this at 5:00, I was nervous, there was snow on the ground, but none falling from the sky. But, I got my two hour delay, which means two extra hours in the studio, and means that  I was able to finish this piece.

I've been wanting to make  a scarf like this for awhile and just hadn't gotten around to it. This piece is woven with a plain weave, with very thin yarn, making it whimsical and delicate, not something to wear in a snow storm. I then did some hand embroidery, and am really happy with how it came out. What do you think?

This piece is now for sale in my etsy shop http://etsy.com/shop/amberkane

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

No comments: