Studio Clean Out

I’ve never been one for finishing things, I always leave just a little bit of water of coffee left in my cup, I never close doors, I will put all of my laundry away except for one or two stray pieces of clothing. I’m not really sure why I do this, I just do. Perhaps it’s because I’m more about the process than the product. Anyway, I’ve had to work on this a lot, as I used to also never finish any of my artwork. I would complete a scarf but not ever finish tying the ends, or do all but the last few stitches. Part of my never finishing problem, is that I also rarely put things away, I like to have everything out around me, and putting things away seems to be a waste of time. However, it’s been awhile since I’ve put things away in my studio, which has resulted in a pretty messy studio, I can’t seem to bring myself to take the time to clean, so I decided that I’m going to try use the supplies that I have, and not buy any more for awhile. If the supplies are used, than they don’t have to put away, odd logic I know, but I’m thinking that it might work for me. So over the next few months I’m going to be working on emptying out my studio. I will continue to post what I make, and what I was able to use up to create the piece. I also think that this process will be a good challenge. I will have to come up with the designs and creations that can be made with the things that I already have. We’ll see how long I can go without making a purchase.
Pin It

No comments: