http://www.etsy.com/shop/Crafterall
Photobucket

While looking through etsy shops, I've actually stopped and looked at this seller several times and finally decided that I just had to share her work with you. One I love paper. I actually first decided that I wanted to be a teacher because of my love for paper, my mom teaches elementary school and when I was younger I just loved when she brought home a pile of papers to grade, there was just something wonderful about holding a pile of paper in my hands. But don't worry, while I still love paper that is not the only reason that I choose to become a teacher. To check out more of her work go here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Crafterall


About me, I'm a 33 year old Minnesotan, former high school English teacher, married to the man of my dreams and mom to two clever girls ages 5 1/2 and 2 1/2. My studio is in the basement of our home and I find time to create there during my youngest daughter's daily naps and after both girls are in bed for the night.
Photobucket>
Photobucket>

I love the nautral and organic quality of her work. Lately I have been thinking about lines and maps in my weaving, I"ll show you some of that work tomorrow. Her work also reminds me of some of the work by Maya Lin. Maya Lin created work where she actually cut into the pages of an atals, following the similar idea as what you see here.
When creating new pieces, I often consult a map of Minnesota to find inspiration for lake shore curvatures and to see how the land and the water interact in natural forms. I have a small but effective arsenal of paper cutting tools at hand including a plain x-acto blade, a smaller-tipped, straight blade, and a tiny swivel blade on the end of a short, clear, plastic barrel. I cut and assemble each layer of chromatically-linked cardstock at a time and use an acid-free, double-sided tape to hold everything together. While the production process is the same for nearly every piece I make, because everything is hand cut, no two pieces are identical.
Photobucket
I have always loved creating and being crafty. While paper has tended to be my favorite art medium, papercutting is relatively new to me and I love being able to explore new possibilities within this emerging art genre. I feel very, very lucky to be doing what I'm doing and to be able to connect with so many other great people through my work.

Photobucket

While choosing photos for today, I just realized that she also makes cards, How cool?! You get two cards in this wonderfully designed package, and I just can't begin to think how much fun it would be to get one of these works of art in the mail. So go and get yourself some cards and make someone's day. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Crafterall Pin It

No comments: