Snow Day Creativity

Photobucket

Well, Friday I didn't have to go to work, snow days are one of my favorite things. Nothing better than a surprise day off, where suddenly you have a whole day at home to yourself that you weren't expecting. So this past week I pretty much spent three straight days in my studio and couldn't think of anything better. So first I decided to finally take the time to clean up and organize my studio. I"m not much for putting things away.
Photobucket

As I was arranging things, I realized that it was too clean, I couldn't handle of the open space, I felt too exposed, I know it sounds a bit strange, but I have to come to realize I work the best when things are all around me. So I moved a few things around and created a nice little space so that while sitting at my loom I would have things around me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In my breaks from weaving I decided to try out make these fun yarn lamps, I had seen some on the internet and thought they were really neat, and they're so much fun to make. All you do is get a balloon, soak yarn in a fabric stiffner and wrap the yarn around the balloon, let dry and there you go! Have fun
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love having this red yarn balloon hanging above me in my studio, I think I want to make some more and have them hanging all over in my space, it just makes it impossible to walk into the room and not feel good.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've been thinking about sewing into my weaving for awhile, but hadn't been able to make myself, put a woven piece through the sewing machine yet, but I finally decided to go for it this weekend. Here's one of the pieces that I made, that you can now purchase in my etsy shop. I had so much fun making this piece.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's another scarf that I wove and stiched a design into. I'm realy falling in love with this process as well as the look. I really like the organic nature, and enjoy creating each sewing pattern as I go.
Photobucket
Photobucket Pin It

No comments: