Throw Blanket :Shelby


I have to be honest, Shelby and I fought a lot. I was trying to do too many things at once, and wasn’t really listening to her, and so when I started her a lot when wrong. I measured the warp incorrectly, then her tension was off, then she broke two threads, I broke the needle on my sewing machine, and finally I spilled my glass of wine. At this point I stopped, admitted that I wasn’t listening to Shelby, and decided to try again.




What a difference it makes to be present and aware of that work that you are doing. As I worked on Shelby I could there were moments when she wove so perfectly that it felt like I wasn’t even doing anything, then I would snap back into worrying and rushing, and all would fall apart. Shelby refused to let me off the hook, we want back and forth, back and forth, and she kept pulling back into the present, back into the moment. Asking me to enjoy her, learn from her.

 

So stop fighting , enjoy what you are doing for exactly what you are doing, no matter how big , or small of task you are working on.




Too many people go through life running from something that isn’t after them.

 
Pin It

No comments: