The Morning that Joy was Born

From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012


Scarf Stats
Started: 1/22
Finished: 1/27
Name: Joy
Time it took to make: The Posidon Adventure, 1/2 of Rust

Joy received her name because she was started on a morning that I had a two hour delay. I love delays, nothing better than getting an early morning phone call, and by early morning I mean 5:15am telling me that I have two extra hours!

Joy knew from the beginning that she wanted to be blue, but last minute spoke up that she wanted a little bit of sparkle added into her.

As I was working, the plan was for a large metal tube to be added at the end, that the braids would flow through, then I tried to do this Joy didn't cooperate. I couldn't get the braids to go through the tube, and when I finally did, it was clear that they didn't want to be there. Next I thought that Joy was saying that she wanted to be adorned with some metal findings, however when I got them out to begin, Joy once again told me that we weren't communitcating well , and there was still something different that she wanted. Finally I reached the conclusion that she wanted stitching, she sighed with relief that I was finally getting the message.

How did I know when to stop stitching? The thread in the sewing machine broke, so I stopped, looked over the piece, and all was silent. Joy was finished and she was happy. She is now hoping to bring to joy to your life.

Pair Joy with this outfit

Pin It

No comments: