Meet Bell: A Gradeful and Confident Handwoven Scarf

From spring scarves 2012


Bell was full of confidence and grace from the second that she was started. She kindly told me which yarn she wanted me to use for her warp, and I questioned on her this idea several times. She choose some very thin yarn for warp, which often looks wonderful, but is also extremely prone to tangel and knot. I pulled serval other spools of yarn off of the shelf asking her if I could use them instead, and with each one she said no, trust me, it will be fine. And so I gave in, and did what she requested. Bell was more than true to her word, so I put the warp onto the loom, anticipating knots and tangles, each string stayed perfectly aligned,liked there was a little man holding each one in its' place,  and flowed with the grace of a dancer onto the loom. I could hardly remember a time when the loom dressed so quickly.

Bell was kindly reminding me to trust, to believe, and to attempt things even when they seem challenging.

From spring scarves 2012


Once the loom was dressed together Bell and I worked to complete her. And the whole time I felt an amazning piece and calm, which I greatly needed, as I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with trying to balance everything that  I have going on in my life. Bell gently and calmly asked me to stay and enjoy this moment with her. And enjoy the blessing of creating. My hope is that Bell will bring grace, confidence, and calmness to her new owner, just as she did for me.

From spring scarves 2012





I felt that this quote went well with Bell, as she reminded me that while each thing I create is not great and noble, they are a small part of something much bigger. Each scarf changes me, and each scarf has  it's own conversation with it's new owner, bringing a bit of something special to them.
From spring scarves 2012



I could hear Bell whispering this. Pin It

No comments: