Creative thought process


Source: etsy.com via Amber on Pinterest


She Thought of Love 8x10 Vintage Art Print by LuciusArt on Etsy

I saw this piece, and thought it went so well with the idea of creative thinking. Here's a what Kevin Lucius says about his work.

Welcome to the Lucius Art Shop. I am a graphic designer from Chicago and I love working with old textures, animals, and vintage design elements.


I have always designed my work because it's fun for me. I hope you enjoy my work as much as I do making it.

All of my wood block prints are are mounted sealed and stained by me within the confines of my tiny Chicago apartment. In other words.. These are truly about as handmade as you can get!

And one more of my favorites:

You can see more of his work here: http://www.etsy.com/people/LuciusArt



I don't know about you, but I tend to go in spurts of having tons of creative ideas, and then nothing. Those times when the creative muse becomes elusive, can be pretty rough.

When thinking about being creative, and your own creativity it's important to remember that it is process, and you have to give it time. Forceing ideas just tends to result in bad ideas. So create time to think, most importantly
allow time to dream,
time for the mind to wander and create connections.

Creative thinkers go through a process of thought, understood to be the process of incubation, where ideas are beginning to form in the mind, preparation, connections are being made, and illumination, where the idea is ready to be created.
Pin It

No comments: