Inspiring: Denise Julia Reytan






Below is some information about how Julia Reytan creates these lovely pieces and why.

The fixation of pieces of jewellery and other


objects of peronal value I have collected by

way of the rather unconventional technique of

silicone casting, is a snap-shot of my time and

the culture I am part of, the culture of an often

unreflected consumers’ society, in which objects

become easily disposable.

With jewellery not the material but the ideal

value should come to the fore, so that the

personality of everyone can get expressed,

shaped and reflected. The idea of democratic

jewellery and of sharing my messages and

my collected and unique objects is important

for me. That´s also a reason why I choose the

silicone casting method.

There is a strong contrast between the material

of non-precious silicone, the cast precious

jewellery pieces and a very personal content.

By changing the original materiality of the used

objects into silicone or resin, a new harmony

of material, colour is created, a novel entity








































Pin It

No comments: