Crocheted Garland: Making for the joy of Making

From crocheted garland

I had a bunch of yarn that was already cut into pieces, as it was left over from weaving. It was nice yarn so I didn't want it to go to waste. I was able to crochet one small circle from each piece, and then decided to tie the pieces together and make a garlard to go on our stair rail in the living room. As I was making this I realized that I rarely make anything for myself or for our home. Most of my work goes up for sale, and I decided this weekend that I also need to take time to create things, just because I want to. And not really worry about if they can be sold or not.

Are you a maker? How do you keep a balance between creating pieces to sell, and creating work that you want to, but that might not be sellable?
From crocheted garland
From crocheted garland
From crocheted garland
Pin It

No comments: