Knitting needles everywhere

My gandmother was an avid knitter, in fact she taught me how to knit and embroider when I was really young. I still remember going over to her house and taking my dolls along so that she could sew outfits for them. Or sitting beside her and looking at the embroidery work that she was working on and wishing that I could do that too. I guess that's where my love for textiles began. My grandmother is no longer able to do many of the things that she used to, and has had to give up knitting. It's bitter sweet, as I receive many wonderful amazing supplies passed down from my grandmother, I am thankful for the supplies and the connection to my grandmother, and sad aknowledging that she can no longer create, something that I can't image not being able to do.

Well my grandmother seemed to stock pile knitting needles, as my mother keeps giving me more. I went through them tonight and found endless duplicates. So I kept some for myself, sat some aside for two young girls that I recently met that are interested in knitting and the rest are for sale in my etsy shop. I just can't hold onto them.

I have the following size, and many pairs of all of them:
3, 4,6,8,10, 10 1/2, 11,13,15 ( she also had some really big ones, but I've kept those to play with)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

You do have a lovely stash of knitting needles. :)

As I browsed through your blog I noticed many of your scarves look like loom work. They are absolutely beautiful.