Etsy Sellar: VegetaBowls

Check out these cool bowls, designed to look ike the food that you eat out of them, http://www.etsy.com/shop/vegetabowls?ref=seller_info

Inspired by the beautiful colors and shapes of nature, I make these bowls from real fruits and vegetables. First, a plaster mold is made from the fruit or vegetable. Once the plaster is set, I remove the object. Then I pour a liquid clay (called slip) into the mold. After it dries, I remove the bowl and fire it in a ceramic kiln. Once cool, I glaze the bowl and fire it again. If you are in the Carbondale, IL area and are interested in picking up your purchase, please send me a convo or see me at the Carbondale Farmer's Market on Saturdays. I can also do custom orders if you have a certain object you would like to make into a bowl.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Pin It

No comments: