Trees in the Moonlight

The last two scarves that I have made, I have been working with embroidery, using the same colored thread as the scarf itself. I choose to use the same color thread as I love the texture that the embriodery adds, but I didn't like the stiching that shown on the wrong side of the fabric, by using the same color thread the stitching now blends right in with the piece. For my most recent piece I did some machine sewing with contrasting silver thread, and embriodered little blossoms onto the braches. I really love how this piece turned out, and am excited to do some more experiementing and exploring with similar techniques.

I have been working with embroidery on quiet a few projects and these last two, I"m finally happy with the results. It's so exciting when experiments begin to work!

What have you been experimenting with lately?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Pin It

No comments: