The Shop House

While looking through etsy the other day, this wonderful shop caught my eye  Photobucket http://www.etsy.com/shop/theshophouse?ref=seller_info . I seem to be drawn to old books used in interesting ways these days. Perhaps it's my subconscious attempting to prepare me to return to school in the next few days. Ahhh, but let's not think about that, let's look at all of these wonderful things that can be made from old books, instead of discarding them. I think that you could also make the wall piece by using pages from magazines, you could get some really interesting colors that way.AHH looks like I have another project to add to my ever growing list.

Photobucket Photobucket
The creator of these lovely pieces, Lisa, informed me taht she has created a book that will be released in spring of 2011 called The Repurposed Library. So keep your eyes out. These lovely pieces were created from old magazine ads, that we encased in beeswax and then sculptued.I really am thinking that I might just have to try this one out myself, it looks like so much fun. I'll let you know when I get to that. First I need to finish all of my projects for the room in our home that I"m finally decorating.

It seems that when I'm creating, the ideas just seem to flow, which is wonderful, however I never seem to have the time to make them all. Do you have that problem? But when I"m not in my studio working, my creative juices seem to freeze. I wish that I could remember the artist name, however I was watchig a video on PBS Art 21, and the artist stated that it is important to spend time in your creative space everyday, even if you aren't making anything. Just spending time in the space will help you to be creative. What helps you to be creative? Pin It

3 comments:

Creative Colloquy said...

Nice find. These are great. So I have the same issue as you- my creativity is running wild at the most innapropriate times when I can't do anything about it. ESPECIALLY while trying to sleep. I think that is a pretty common issue with creative types. I know I've lost so many ideas thinking I will just remember them- my thoughts are like "this is so cool- there is NO way I'll forget" and the next morning I'm trying to figure out what it was. Haha. Anyway. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I am a book addict and cannot wait to try these wonderful craft ideas with books. Thanks so much, Jackie

Anonymous said...

To Creative Colloquy;
that's why I keep a small note pad & pencil by my bed. :-D