Mittens

I'm officially back to teaching for another school year. It's hard to believe that summer has come and gone once again, it always seems to go by way too fast. This semester I"m teaching darkroom photography, digital photography, and an intro to art class. Photography is one of my favorite classes to teach and I have some really great students.

Anyway, the only downfall to going back to work, is I now have very little time in my studio, which I miss. However, I must remind myself to be thankful that I have lucky enough to have the summers off, where I don't have to work and can totally focus on my artwork. I guess I have the best of both worlds, a great job where I get to teach art all day, and a job that gives me three months off to create my own work.

I am deteremined to continue creating, it's a necessary stress release, however, I always seem to have to battle with myself to get into the studio in the evenings when I get home from work. Once I"m in there I love it, not sure why I have to fight with myself each time. Do you have that problem? How do you balance work with art making?

Well by the last two things that I have made it appears that being back at school has my mind thinking winter, it might be because I am now in an air conditioned building all day, which is freezing! I've been wanting to make mittens for awhile, so here's my first attempt. Not perfect, but I"m going to keep trying. I'm horrible at following patterns, and to me patterns take some of the fun out of the process, so I just made up how to make the mittens as I went along. I'm hoping to give it another shot in the next few days and learn from my mistakes and see what happens.
Photobucket Pin It

No comments: