Creative Journey

I have been going down a new path with my weaving lately and am really having a lot of fun. After discovering my grandmothers embroidery box, I began embroidering my scarves. I find a lot of joy and peace in the repetive nature of creating the same stich over and over. I also added a piece of fabric on the back, so that the stiching from the embroidery no longer showed. I haven't totally figured out how I want this all to work and look, but I am having fun discovering new things. I am also thinking that I may begin to make some table runners. What do you think?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Add caption
I used the French knot to create the pattern on this piece. For instructions on how to do this stitch click here http://www.purlbee.com/embroidery-tutorial/2007/2/12/french-knot.html Pin It

No comments: