Vitage Inspired Scarf

I have been drawn to netural colors lately, and thus I created another lovely scarf in neutral shades. As a mixed media artist I am extremely interested in texture and how different materials interact with one another. I have been slowly but surely cutting apart my wedding dress, I'm still madly in love with my husband though, so don't get the wrong idea. I began cutting the dress apart, as I had no desire to keep it stored in a box under my bed, but wanted what was so special to me to be turned into many wonderful pieces.

For this scarf I cut the top layer of tulle off of my dress, cut it into organic circular shapes and sewed around the edges. I then hand sewed each shape onto the woven scarf.  I really like how it turned out, and love that this scarf is both simple, but unique and eye catching. Making it a scarf that you could wear everyday, or that you could reserve for special occasions. You can now find this piece for sale in my etsy shop. It's one of a kind, so don't wait around, buy it now and store it away for the cold winter ahead, ,or the cool summer evening that we're all dreaming of.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

No comments: