Junior Year Prom... looking back

I loved my prom dress for my junior year of high school, it was now moved three times with me and remained hanging in my closet. Last week I finally decided to try my hand at shortening the dress so that I could wear it to a wedding. A do a little bit of sewing, but am not very experience when it comes to altering dresses. However,  I was pretty happy with how this turned out and wore it for a wedding last weekend. I love being able to reuse things!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here's another necklace that I recently made. Awhile ago I purchased wire mesh ribbion, however once I received it, I had no idea what I wanted to do with it. So it sat around in my studio and started at me. Until one day I knew just what I wanted to use it for. So I made this necklace. Even if you are experienced in jewelry making, you can do this. The ribbion comes in a tube form, simply push beads down inside and tie knots to keep them in place. Have fun!
Photobucket


Velo's growing up and continues to be camera shy. Her and Peca are making a little progress, maybe? We love having the cat and I will continue to work on getting the two furry children to at least tolerate one another.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

No comments: