Creative Brick Walls

Photobucket


Photobucket



Every artist has their bad days where nothing seems to go right. I felt like I was having a long string of these bad creative days and was ready to have a great. I spent the whole day before sketching, reading my favorite blogs, I even spent the afternoon sitting on the library floor in the art book section looking through book after book, I thought that I was ready to go. So I awoke the next morning excited to create and really feeling like it was going to be a great day. Instead I felt like I was smashing my head against the wall. I died the same piece of fabric three different times. I then bleached the fabric back to its original color, then began to paint the fabric and hated everything I did. I tried one thing after another and nothing seemed to even be getting close to the idea that I had in my head. So in utter frustration I went and laid down on our wonderfully soft red couch with plush pillows all around me to reevalute what it was that I was truely attempting to create. My conclusion, nothing... I was trying to create nothing... or the essence of nothing... how in the heck do you do that.... and why did I think that I could? Well as much as I tried and begged myself to get the notion of creating nothing out of my crazy little mind, it just wouldn't go away. So back to the drawing board I went. I'm still not creating nothing, but think that I might be getting somewhere. I will post pictures later this week, of some much more successful art making days than this one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pin It

No comments: