Red Raven Art

Photobucket

Photobucket

My husband and I decided to go to Lancaster Friday night for first Friday. On the first Friday of every month all of the wonderful galleries in Lancaster stay open until 9:00. It's really a fun evening, and you get to see lots of wonderful art. My husband and I went into Red Raven Gallery ,located on 138 North Prince Street, and I just loved these mixed media images created by Art Harrington. My favorite where the pieces that we on plexi glass, I really liked the layering of the images and the materials. I am always drawn to mixed media, I just love seeing different textures up against one another, and since my recent work has been inspired by fields, I was even more drawn to these pieces. I highly recommend taking a trip to this lovely gallery and seeing the work in person, the photos don't do the different materials and textures in the painting justice.

Art Harrington grew up in Williamsport, PA. He graduated from Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA with a Bachelor's degree in Art Education and continued graduate work at Syracuse University and Millersville University, Millersville, PA. He taught art at Stevens Jr. High School in Williamsport, PA for one year, Bradford Area Senior High School for four years, and at Solanco High School in Quarryville, PA from which he retired in 1998 after twenty-nine years.


Photobucket

During his teaching years he coached men’s and women’s cross country, indoor track, and spring track. His athletes have received national recognition and in 1998 he was featured in Sports Illustrated’s Faces In The Crowd after his women’s cross country team captured state titles twice within six years. Although he inspired many of his athletes and students to pursue various forms of art as a career, the continuance of his own art career remained a dream.

Photobucket

Immediately upon his retirement he built a studio in his home in Willow Street, PA. Inspired by a former principal and fellow art teacher at Solanco, Tom Regan, and with encouragement from his friend, Fred Rodger, he began to enter art shows in 1999.

Photobucket

Art is a partner in the Red Ravern Art company. Very active supporting emerging artists, Art works in partnership with the CX Carlson Foundation to give upcoming artists their first commercial gallery exhibit. Pin It

No comments: