Why letting go of everything brought me home

From Collages
Scarf Stats:

Name: Mariessa
Materials: cotton yarn
Process: handwoven in plain weave, bubble crochet, braided section with metal

From Collages



I've been listening to this song a lot lately, and I think that it describes my current mood perfectly.

When I give up control and l let you hold me with no resistance in my soul

This is the day when I throw it all away to the fire of the all loving one

Now I have just what I need to be free to feel who I really am.

From Collages
I've been holding myself back , only partly being who I was made to be.

This is not to say that I've arrived and am exactly who I was made to be, however I feel that I have opened myself to allow the journey to take place.

I was giving all kinds of people power over my life.

 I was making decisions based on how I thought others were going to react.

Then I realized that no matter what, I can't always make everyone happy. Instead of trying to please others I need to focus my energy on trying to be who God created me to be.

There is amazing freedom in the reality of letting go. I am no longer in control, neither are those around me.

This does not mean that life has suddenly become simple or that there are no bumps in the road.

It means that I feel free, happy.

It means that I can look at what is taking place around me and learn.

It means that I'm growing.

My happiness and freedom are reflected in each scarf that I create. I hope that the scarf you adopt, brings happiness and freedom into your life.

From Collages


From Collages


From Collages
Pin It

No comments: