Mixed Media throw blanket


From april 2012



From april 2012

I've been working on this blanket on and off for a few weeks now. Working this large adds some new challenges, one of the biggest challenges is that it's hard to carry with me to work when I leave home. It's just a bit too bulky to carry around.

I had the woven part finished for a week or two before I really knew what I was going to do to it next, then one evening while I was laying in bed I could see it in my head, I wanted to crochet parts onto it, and wanted them to be circular. This adds a whole other challenge to the design. It was a bit challenging to create the round crocheted part, and have it attach properly to the woven part. But challenge is good right?

I"m not 100% sure that this piece is finished yet, but thought that I would share it with you and see what you think.



From april 2012

I've always loved soft blankets, there is comfort in having the weight of blanket laying on your lap or over you while you're sleeping. No matter how hot it is in the summer, I can't sleep without some kind of blanket on me. There is wonderful safety in having a blanket to snuggle with. And I'm really loving the piece, as it has a great personality and is full of wonderful color. It just begs you to come and snuggle with it, doesn't it?



From april 2012
Pin It

No comments: