A magnetic Scarf Named Carla

From spring scarves 2012
I"ve been playing with the idea of using magnets in my scarves for awhile, but still hadn't come up with a design that I totally loved. And then it hit me, sew them into the scarf. It seemed so obivious, but for some reason took me so many months to get.

Thank you for teaching me Carla, or perhaps I just finally listened.  Carla has magnets sewn into each end, so she is super fun to style. You can wear her has a cowl, or do all kinds of other fun things with her.

Carla made me feel loved. I could have taken the time to beat myself up for not coming up with this design a long time ago ( I had decided to give up on my magnet idea). But instead Carla told me that it wasn't time before, not to feel bad, she was waiting to give me the idea until the perfect time. So instead of putting myself down, I created with a joyful heart, excited to try this new idea, and thrilled with the end result.





From spring scarves 2012


From spring scarves 2012

From spring scarves 2012


This is the warp that went into Carla. I love seeing how the warp color changes when it interacts with the weft.

From spring scarves 2012
Pin It

No comments: