Emerging Artist: Lexi Bonner

I have some more student work to share with you today. Lexi Bonner is a senior this year, and is bursting with creative ideas and talent.

Artist Statement:

My experiences with art began at an incredibly young age. I have always been drawn to art since I could hold a pencil or crayon. At first, my love of art was created from encouragement from my mother to always be creative and find uniqueness. As I grew older, however, so did my passion for art. I realized that I wanted to become a professional artist in sixth grade when I began experimenting with more mediums. Throughout middle school, I created a simple comic book series for my friends. It was also a time when I bought my first digital camera. Within those important years, I became the family photographer, taking over 4,000 images.




I was introduced to graphic arts with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign at the beginning of high school. By using these different programs for designing, I was able to transfer my designs to a t-shirt, two mouse pads, a mug, stickers, a poster, and even magnets.



Photography has always captured my attention as well. I have owned and learned to use a wide variety of digital cameras. I completed two photography classes in high school that gave me the knowledge to adjust camera settings for even better images. Cameras allow me to permanently freeze a moment in time, and that is an incredible feeling.



I do not have one favorite medium to work with, but graphite and charcoal can be seen frequently within my 2-dimensional pieces. I focus on contrast with concept as well as values. I tend to use few colors within my artwork to keep it unified. In my experience, using too many colors becomes elementary and disorganized. I take pride in the work I create and often find myself motivated to finish a piece so I can see the results of the process. Like many artists, I am interested in the process of creating art and I do not stress about the unplanned.

I don't know about you, but I"m so inspired. Lexi works so hard, and continually produces amazing pieces. I can't wait to see where she ends up.
Pin It

No comments: