Dream... Experiment... Design

Being willing, to dream, allowing your mind to imagine anything, experiment, being willing to take your dreams and work to make them a reality, design, listening to your inner self and the materials to create beauty.

From winter line 2012


The story behind the bow tie line. One of my biggest goals as both an artist and in my everyday life is to value my matierals. Part of valuing the work that I create is finding a purpose for each and every strand of yarn and piece of woven matieral. I have of bin of fabric that I wove, but didn't turn out to be anything, and therefore it goes in the orphan bin ( meaning it doesn't yet have a name, or home, but it's not forgotten) Every so often a piece in the bin speaks to me (not literally, don't get worried I haven't totally lost it) , and lets me know that's ready to become something.

So a few months ago, I heard a calling from the pieces stored in our attic, they knew what they wanted to be.

I eagerly went up the creaky stairs, into the cold attic, and retrived all of my orphan fabric, and started making bows, that became these wonderful pins. While working on the bows, I saw some ring bands laying on a table and thought how fun would it be to wear one of these as a ring. You simply can't keep yourself from smiling if you look down and see a giant bow on your hand, right? And so the bow ring was born. My pieces work when the matieral and stop fighting, and come to a harmonious agreement as to what they wish to be.

From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012


These pieces I made because I wanted to allow myself some time to totally experiment and play. I had so much fun making each and every one of these pieces. Most of them are scarf or lapel pins, and are so much fun to wear. The bow ties pins bring a smile to my face every time I see them. And the bow tie rings are so much fun as well. Everyone that picks one of these pieces up leaves with a smile on their face.

From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012


Want to put a smile on someone's face today? Then
Share it! ( post this on facebook, or email to a friend)
Pin it! ( put it out there on pinterest)
Buy it! ( Treat yourself or buy one for a friend) Pin It

No comments: