How to fix your Mistakes

One of my favorite parts about creating is the process. I enjoy experimenting and learning new things. It is also extremely important to me to use my materials wisely, and not waste anything, however there are times when things just don't work out well. I have learned to except that not everything is going to turn out as planned, but I try to never totally give up on a piece. I have a bin in my studio where I keep pieces that I'm not happy with, but still have potentional, and try to come up with ways to use them.

I've been wanting to experiment with needle felting and finally gave it go, after getting some supplies for Christmas. I decided to take an old piece that I crocheted and then boiled, cut it apart, and needle fet it onto the surface of a scarf. I really enjoyed this process and think that with more practice I could create some really interesting pieces. So here's my first try at needle felting, and an old piece rescued. What do you do with your projects that don't turn out well?

From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012
From winter line 2012


Below is another example of a piece that I just rescued. I made wove with scarf awhile ago, and for some reason was never totally in love in with it. So I was trying to think about how I could change it. I decided to give it a twist and sew the ends together to create an infinity scarf with a twist. I'm really happy with how it came it. It looks good, is easy to wear, and adds some extra warmth. Have you gotten the hint yet that I'm always cold? Anyway, my project for tomorrow is to make two more of these, different colors, but same style, so if you like this one, stay tuned, as this style will go on sale shortly.
From winter line 2012
Pin It

No comments: