Woven and Crocheted Scarf

I wove the orange part of the scarf almost two years ago I really liked the pattern of the scarf, but there was something about the piece that just wasn't me, or didn't really fit into the style of what I make. I have a pile of pieces that didn't turn out well, that need something to make them complete. This piece has been waiting for a solution for quiet sometime. Recently I started playing with adding crochet to pieces after they are woven, and am liking the concept. So here's the orange scarf saved, and ready to be worn lovingly around someones neck.

From pins
From pins

The other piece is still in progress. It's another orphan that's been waiting to be finished. I think that the crochet part is finished, and I am now working on embrodiery to the piece. Plus my sewing machine comes home fixed and ready to go this afternoon, so I might use it to add some stitching detail as well. What do you think?<table style="width:auto;">



From pins



From pins
Pin It

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE the one in progress. Keep up with the stitching!

fabricatedends said...

Thanks Lindsey, I'm enjoying how it is turning out, just takes a long time.