Pins

Friday, I spent the day in Lancaster visiting galleries with three other art teachers. There have been many times that I have visited galleries and gone home with very little inspiration or new ideas, but this time I came home with my mind bursting full of ideas. I saw some really wonderful pins that were a combination of felt and metal, and they looked perfect with the scarves that I make. So my mind begin to think about how I could take this inspiration and make pieces that were my own design. While I know how cut and solder metal, it's not something that I greatly enjoy doing, nor do I really have the time. So I went to the hardware store to see if they woud have anything that would for what was in my head. I picked up a bunch of washers that were different sizes and some pins. I still really didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't know know how I was going to attach them, or how I was going to add fiber to the pieces. Then it just came to me, I could crochet around the washers. So I began crocheting, and loved the forms that developed. Here are the pieces that I made the first day.

From pins
From pins
From pins
From pins
From pins
From pins
From pins
Pin It

No comments: