Books on Tape

I recently decided that I was going to start listening to books on tape. It began, because there are some many books on my reading list, and then list just seems to keep on growing, but I don't have a lot of time to read. However, while I'm working in my studio, I normally either listen to music, or have a movie playing. So I thought that instead of watching a movie, I could switch and listen to book. The first book on tape that I checked out of the library was " The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo", I discovered that I really loved listening to someone read to my while I worked. There was something extremely calming about it. I am now listening to "Eat , Pray, Love" and now find myself trying to find more and more time to work in my studio, because I really want to listen to my book. I also play the books right before I go to bed, and have found this really helps me to unwind and go to sleep. Which makes sense, we're always reading to children to put them to sleep, why does that have to stop just because we are grown up.

If you have never tired listening to a book on tape I recommend that you try. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but at least give it a try. I have also found that I have to like the voice of the person reading the story, so even if the story itself is good, but I don't like the voice of the reader, I don't normally finish the book. Pin It

No comments: