Micaceous Clay Pottery with Kele

The memebers of the Yellow Breeches Guild Of Craftsman http://ybcrafts.org/ have graciously be coming into my classroom, and teaching my students about their craft. Yesterday Pottery Kele, came in and demonstrated his process of created hand built coil pots. He makes the whole thing look extremely easy. This was the first time that I was introduced to Micaceous clay, and I have fallen in love. It feels so much better then commercial clay, and doesn't dry out your hands. Kele, digs and processes his clay himself three times a year in New Mexico. To learn more about Kele's work and see where you can buy some, visist his website. http://www.potterybykele.com/

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

There is something about the feel of clay that evokes wonderful childhood memories.
Your post is very inspiring, I've always wanted to take a course in pottery maybe I'll look around and see if there are any classes being taught in my area.