Fresh

I was working on creating a scarf for my mom for Christmas. I had some up with a design in my head that I wanted to try, however there were a few problems. One, I didn't have time to start the piece until Christmas Eve, two, since I was in a hurry, I hadn't planned out my pattern properly and didn't put nearly enough yarn on the loom, three, I didn't realize that I hadn't put enough yarn onto the loom until after I had cut the first part of the scarf off. There was supposed to be enough yarn left on the loom to create another half, that was to then be added to first part to create a triangular scarf. However, there wasn't enough yarn left on the loom, and not enough time left on the clock to start over. So I decided to give her something that I had already made, and save the new design for another day.

But now I had woven piece that was 45" , not long enough for a scarf, with another  45" of unwoven warp string still attached. I wanted to find a way to create something, as I hate to waste supplies. So I decided that I was going to create a open french braid with the extra warp strings. I"m really happy with how it came out and was surprised to discover that the open braid relates to the crocheted and felted pieces that I have been creating.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket This piece is now for sale in my etsy shop: http://etsy.com/shop/amberkane

Photobucket Here's the piece that it relates to Pin It

No comments: