Work and Play

I can't believe it, but I'm already into my second week with students in my classroom. While I"m having fun teaching,  I am missing all of the time that I previously had for my studio, but am trying hard to keep on making things. Even if it's only for 30 minutes I"m trying to get into my studio everyday. I've also realized that I"m doing a craft show in 2 months. 2 months is going to come and go in no time, and there is still so much that I feel like I need to get ready. The show is Oct 30th at the Zembo Shrine in Harrisburg Pa. If you're around I would love to meet you, and you could finally see my work in person.

This is my first craft show, so I"m not totally sure what to expect, but am excited to finally give it a try. Any experienced craftshow people out there that have advice to offer?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I spent the whole weekend in my studio and wove this piece, then worked on the stitching the last two nights after work. I"m really enjoying adding stitching details to my pieces, and love trying new things. Discovering how something new is going to look is what keeps me going. I just love the process of making. What's your favorite part?
Photobucket Photobucket

I had planned on making this shirt along time ago and then never got around to it. I bought the tank top for a few dollars, and then made the ruffle from some extra fabric that I had in my studio. I was excited at how cheap and easy this project was. It also dressed up the top nicely, I got a lot of compliments. I'm thinking I might play around with adding ruffles to some other tops. Pin It

No comments: