Deep Creek Maryland, Savage Half Iron Man

My brother did a half iron man last weekend and my husband and I decided to go along and cheer him on. The race was in Deep Creek Maryland, such a pretty place. Great for biking, hiking, boating, and cross country skiing. After watching people do a half iron man, I really have little desire to try one out myself, but I had fun watching.

There were some pretty big hills that the riders had to conquer during their 56 mile bike ride before their 13 mile run. On the two biggest hills it seemed to be popular to dress up as a devil and chase after the riders. The red devils did look pretty cool up against the changing leaves.

Since we were camping we took our dog, Peca, along with us. She loves hiking, but did not love the loudspeaker at the race.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

No comments: