Embroider circles on handwoven scarf

By taking a look back to my childhood and rummaging through my grandmother's things I was reminded of how much I wanted to learn how to embroider as a child, just like granny. She did teach me when I was in elementary school and I don't think I've touched it since then. However, I have decied to start using it in combination with my weaving. I am a true mixed media girl at heart, and love combining different materials and techniques. I kept it pretty simple for this scarf, but had a lot of fun and have a lot more ideas. I used the French Knot for this piece and created circles in various shades of yellow and green. My favorite part was using yarn that was my grandmother's to create the circles.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Pin It

1 comment:

Stacey said...

This scarf is so pretty, but alas, my budget is such that I mostly thrift clothes and such. However, not that I'm thinking, when someone asks what I want for Christmas, I'll know where to send them :)