Kenjio

I just had to share this wonderful etsy shop that I stumbled across this weekend. I am in love with these figure sculptures, each piece seems to carry so much emotion, and I love the fact that the artist uses recycled materials. The only thing better than art is art that is made from what most people would consider trash. I strongly believe that one purpose of art is to inform others of the beauty around them that they are missing, as well as to teach that each and every thing has value and should be cherished and properly cared for, creating as little waste as possible. To bring one of these lovely treasures into your home click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/Kenjio. What have you made recently out of recycled materials?

Photobucket

My work started from the inadequacy of words in my journal.



My sculpture series is a three-dimensional journal that conveys snippets of my emotions and feelings toward life. I often write my experiences in a journal but find it inadequate to convey how I truly feel. As a result, I translate these wordy descriptions to a visual form that is three-dimensional, metaphorical, and expressively relevant.


Photobucket


I call these sculptures "three dimensional hieroglyphs of my experiences." Often times, the true meaning of text and words are just beneath that thin layer of their lexical meaning. In other words, we live in a metaphorical world. One of such metaphors in Book Atlas - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40009305

I made this piece to reflect the weight of new knowledge and reconciliation of conflicting ideas.



I usually let the found object "speak" to me. These objects are usually recycled objects such as unwanted books and magazines. Once they insprire or bless me with an idea that come as a vision, I make the piece.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Pin It

No comments: