Fashion Friday

It seems that by the time I reach Friday, I can never decide what to wear, and don't feel like putting a lot of energy into figuring out fun outfit. So on this lovely Friday morning, I decided to browse through etsy and find some great fashionable pieces, that would really help my Friday outfit out.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40492093
Photobucket

I don't wear necklaces very often, but wish that I did more. The bright colors of this piece just make it pop out at your. What a great piece to wear to go out to a fancy dinner.


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38761059
Photobucket

I"m always looking for fun little dresses, that would work well to wear to work, or outside of work. I just love the color of this one, as red is my favorite color, and it's the perfect little dress for spring, fall or summer. Just grab a scarf on a cooler day, and you'll be warm and look great.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39693757
Photobucket

This piece just looks like fun to wear, it has so many different textures going on, and looks to be quiet comfortable as well.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32770996
Photobucket

I do love vintage clothing. There is a great little shop called Fairy Godmother's on my street, that I like to venture into. There are always such great finds and for wonderful prices. I would love wearing this little blue dress to work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/amberkane
Photobucket

Well, speaking of fashion, I had to feature one of my own pieces. The manniquine that I like to use for photographing my work is currently at a museum exhibit, so I have to use my not so favorite one. This mannique came to life over the summer when I thought that it would be a good idea to make my own. So I wrapped my body in duct tape, thinking that my husband would be there to cut me out of it, however I hadn't filled him in on that detail ahead of time, and leaft, while I was wrapped in duct tape.... I couldn't just stand there all day so I worked and worked ( I was beginning to think that I was going to have to walk to a neighbors house and ask for help, remember this was a summer day, and we don't have air conditioning) However, I finally got myself out, but had messed up the duct form in the process, but decided to work with it anyway. I then sprayed "great stuff" into the form and watched it expand... well it really expanded, and the manniquine got much larger than inteneded, and somewhat losts it's neck. But oh, well  it works for now.

This scarf is one of my newer pieces, a counsin of the flair scarves that I have been working on, this is similar, but more free flowing, and I'm in love. I just made another one yesterday in neutral colors. These scarves are fun to make and fun to wear. I love that they can even dress up a simple t-shirt. Pin It

1 comment:

Ananya said...

Thanks so much for including my scattered pod smocked dress! : )