Monday

Pedaled my bike 10 miles to work in the dark, with my blinking lights as I do every morning, I then went through my day of teaching and made the 10 mile bike ride back home. I was so excited to sit down behind my loom, drink my hot teal, pop in a DVD and do some weaving. I was only allowing myself to weave until 6:00 as the dog still needed to be cared for, and there was a long list of reading waiting to be completed for my grad class. At 7:00 I sat down to read, this did not go nearly as well as the weaving, as I was attempting to read about creativity I could not get my brain to stop thinking about new weaving creations. I read for an hour, I have no clue what I read, instead I have several new color combinations determined, a project to use my scrap yarn, and several new photography projects to teach my students, so while it seems to have been a productive hour, I need to begin reading all over again, hopefully with less thoughts about my own creations and more focus on what creativity is and the idea behind it. Pin It

6 comments:

Annette said...

You weave on a loom AND bike 10 miles each way to work and back...very impressive. I'm following you now!

fabricatedends said...

I do weave on a loom, I got into it when I was in college and when my husband and I bought our home and I finally had room I went searching for a loom. I love it!

fabricatedends said...

Thanks Annette, I'm following you now.

My husband got me into cycling, he road his bike across the US.

esque said...

But you're not weaving while you're riding a bike, right? Lol

Reading and not actually reading especially tends to happen when reading text books, don't it!


[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
[inkihandmade.etsy.com]

Erica said...

I love and hate that passionate desire to create when one should be doing other things.

:)

fabricatedends said...

It is quiet a paradox, as I must read about creativity, while wishing I was creating.