Felting

I have taken a break from working on the loom for a few days, as I wanted to do some experimenting with felting. I purchased pencil roving from the Mannings, one of my favorite stores, and began crocheting. As I crochet these pieces I am not following any pattern as my desire was for them to look organic, and I am not well known for following instructions. I am also interested in making the pieces look delicate and wanted there to be open spaces. After I finish crocheting a piece, it is thrown into the washing machine, where it becomes felt. My desire is for each piece to stand up like a collar when worn. Gold stiching was added to the cream collar for detail. I'm hoping to soon have time to experiment with felting my dogs hair, if anyone has experience with felting pet fur, suggestions are appreciated. Pin It

No comments: